Annual UPCI Director’s Awards
The purpose of the Director’s Awards is to encourage postdocs, graduate students, and trainees to pursue work in the field of cancer research.
Demonstrate innovative and outstanding research in cancer
Selection and Notification
- ALL submitted abstracts will be accepted for poster presentations during the UPCI Scientific Retreat Poster Sessions (see Retreat Agenda). You will NOT receive a separate notification of acceptance.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed prior to the retreat. Abstract Category (as selected on the Abstract Submission Form) will also be reviewed and is subject to change.
- Posters will be reviewed and judged by a panel of UPCI senior faculty members during two poster sessions the day of the retreat.
- Due to the pre-retreat review of abstracts, it is possible that not all poster presenters will be visited by judges during the poster sessions.
- Winners will be notified as soon as possible after the poster sessions. On the abstract submission form, please provide a phone number where you can be reached the entire day of the retreat.
- Award goes to the first author of the abstract.
- Winners will be announced and presented with plaques at 6:10 p.m. on June 14, 2013. Please note that winners are expected to be present during the awards session.
- Each winner will be scheduled to make a future presentation during the UPCI Basic Research Seminar Series.
Award goes to the first author of the abstract. Each winner will receive a plaque and be scheduled to make a future presentation during the UPCI Basic Research Seminar Series.
First and Second Place will be awarded in four categories:
- Basic Science
- Population Sciences
For more information on abstracts and posters, contact Lisa George, Retreat Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org