The Universities of Pennsylvania and Pittsburgh have launched a collaborative interaction to promote “One Health” and the critical need for trained scientists working within the broad area of veterinary research.
Developed jointly by Dean Joan Hendricks from Penn and Senior Vice Chancellor Arthur Levine from the University of Pittsburgh, the over-arching goal is to pair VMD students from Penn with established investigators at the University of Pittsburgh for:
- First or second year paid summer research projects,
- Combined VMD/PhD Program with the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine allowing successful accelerated PhD program at Pitt,
- Suitable senior year rotations of 2-4 weeks in Laboratory Animal Medicine or research experiences,
- Accelerated access to Pitt PhD Programs following graduation, or
- Entering newly developed joint residency programs (currently under development).