Amy Lowery, PhD
Symptom management; sleep disorders; behavioral sleep medicine; depression; anxiety; pain management
Symptom management for cancer patients and survivors, particularly, sleep, pain, depression and anxiety.
- Lowery AE, Krebs P, Coups EJ, Feinstein MB, Burkhalter JE, Park BJ, Ostroff JS. Impact of symptom burden in post-surgical non-small cell lung cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer. 2014 Jan;22(1):173-80. PubMed Link
- Lowery AE, Starr T, Dhingra LK, Rogak L, Hamrick-Price JR, Farberov M, Kirsh KL, Saltz LB, Breitbart WS, Passik SD. Frequency, characteristics, and correlates of pain in a pilot study of colorectal cancer survivors 1-10 years post-treatment. Pain Med. 2013 Nov;14(11):1673-80. PubMed Link
- Lowery AE, Greenberg MA, Foster SL, Clark K, Casden DR, Loscalzo M, Bardwell WA. Validation of a needs-based biopsychosocial distress instrument for cancer patients. Psychooncology. 2012 Oct;21(10):1099-106. PubMed Link
- Passik SD, Lowery A. Psychological variables potentially implicated in opioid-related mortality as observed in clinical practice. Pain Med. 2011 Jun;12 Suppl 2:S36-42. PubMed Link
- Bardwell WA, Norman D, Ancoli-Israel S, Loredo JS, Lowery A, Lim W, Dimsdale JE. Effects of 2-week nocturnal oxygen supplementation and continuous positive airway pressure treatment on psychological symptoms in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Behav Sleep Med. 2007;5(1):21-38. PubMed Link