February 2014 - Save the Date: The 26th Annual UPCI Scientific Retreat
The 26th annual UPCI Scientific Retreat will be held at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg on June 19-20, 2014. Registration and poster abstract submission will open in May. Stay tuned for further announcements on the UPCI website.
January 2014 - Online ordering and scheduling for 3 UPCI Shared Resources is now available through iLab Solutions
A new web-based tool is now available for online ordering of products and services, and/or scheduling of equipment, for 3 of our UPCI Shared Resources. Namely, the Cytometry Facility, Lentiviral Laboratory (part of the Vector Facility), and Luminex Core Laboratory (part of the Cancer Biomarkers Facility), are now accepting orders and scheduling equipment through iLab Solutions.
There are many benefits to this new system, including the following:
- Log in credentials are identical to your regular Pitt username/password.
- Once your iLab account is set up, user information is saved in the system and can be applied across all UPCI Shared Resources within iLab.
- PIs can set permission levels for each lab member, i.e., so that they can only place orders with certain account numbers, with limited spending thresholds, etc.
- PIs can choose to receive alerts when a lab member places an order or schedules a service.
- Easier usage tracking and reporting for our Shared Resource Directors and UPCI administrators.
Click here to learn more about setting up your iLab account.
Click here to learn more about iLab Solutions.
April 2013 - Now Available at the UPCI Vector Core Facility: Breast Cancer Cell Lines Expressing Fluorescent Markers or Luciferase
Services of the UPCI Vector Core Facility have now expanded to include production of a number of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell lines that express various fluorescent or luciferase markers. These include lines with cell-wide expression of YFP, CFP, RFP, FP636, iRFP, or luciferase, as well as lines with targeted sub-cellular expression of fluorescent markers, such as in the cytosol, Golgi apparatus, endoplasmic reticulum, mitochondria, tubulin, etc. Please contact Rob Sobol at email@example.com or 412-623-7764, or visit the Vector Core Facility Services and Fees Section for more information.
March 2013 - Save the Date: The 25th Annual UPCI Scientific Retreat
The 25th annual UPCI Scientific Retreat will be held at the Petersen Events Center on June 14, 2013. Registration and poster abstract submission will open in May. Stay tuned for further announcements on the UPCI website.